DISH is organizing its second International Medical Service in Haiti planned for May 23 until May 27, 2013. Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, including those who were present during the days after the earthquake, are being called to join this humanitarian effort and help DISH reach this critical milestone.
Focus: General surgery and primary care in rural Haiti
When: May 23-May 27, 2013
Where: Dame-Marie, Haiti
The purpose of this trip is:
- To provide primary ambulatory care and perform elective surgical interventions in a rural area of Haiti. We are aiming to perform up to 3,000 consultations over one week of free medical and surgical services.
Who can participate?
- Medical Doctors from all medical specialties including internal medicine, general surgery, plastic surgery, infectious diseases, cardiology, pulmonary, family medicine, pediatrics, dentists, podiatrists, emergency medicine…etc
- Nurses , Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Associates
- Other healthcare professionals
To participate please register online by filling the online form:
- Each volunteer traveler agrees to pay for his or her own travel tickets as well as room and board.
- We will stay in same hotel.
- We will try to find group discount rates with airlines and hotels.
- Supplies Needed. Each participant will make an effort to collect and bring supply from the following list.
List of needed supplies/equipment for the service
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Tongue depressors
- Glucometers & test strips
- Hand sanitizer
- Adhesive Tape
- Alcohol swabs
- Disposable gowns
Medicines Needed: (we can only accept unexpired medications in sealed containers)
- Antiacid medications
- Cough medicine
- Anti-fungal medicine (Lotrimin or other otc athletes foot meds)
- Permethrin 5%
- Antibiotic ointments
- Benadryl (tabs & children’s liquid)
- 1 % hydrocortisone cream or other prescription steroid cream
- Antibiotics (Amoxicillin, Keflex, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Augmentin, etc)
- Antiparasites (flagyl, mebendazole…)
- PinX (otc pinworm medicine)
- Antibiotic eye drops
- Inhalers (albuterol, atrovent, flovent, advair)
- Prednisone oral tablets and liquid
- Electrolyte replacement solution – powder pedialyte or generic
- Medical tape
- Blood pressure medicines
- Diabetes oral medication
- Regular Insulin
To donate any of the above medicines and/or supplies, please send them to:
Attn: Dr. Kansky DeLisma, MD, MPH
3550 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 600
Miami, FL, 33157
Share and Enjoy