Calling for healthcare volunteers/participants including doctors, pharmacists, ARNP’s, PA’s, nurses…and other support team members.
- Where: Leogane, Haiti (near Port-au-Prince)
- When: Thursday May 22 until Sunday May 25th 2014.
To register send email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can participate?
- Medical Doctors from all medical specialties including internal medicine, general surgery, plastic surgery, infectious diseases, cardiology, pulmonary, family medicine, pediatrics, dentists, podiatrists, emergency medicine…etc
- Nurses , Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Associates
- Other healthcare professionals
- Each volunteer traveler agrees to pay for his or her own travel tickets as well as room and board.
- We will try to find group discount rates with airlines and hotels.
- Supplies Needed. Each participant will make an effort to collect and bring supply from the following list.
List of needed supplies/equipment for the service
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Tongue depressors
- Glucometers & test strips
- Hand sanitizer
- Adhesive Tape
- Alcohol swabs
- Disposable gowns
Medicines Needed: (we can only accept unexpired medications in sealed containers)
- Antiacid medications
- Cough medicine
- Anti-fungal medicine (Lotrimin or other otc athletes foot meds)
- Permethrin 5%
- Antibiotic ointments
- Benadryl (tabs & children’s liquid)
- 1 % hydrocortisone cream or other prescription steroid cream
- Antibiotics (Amoxicillin, Keflex, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Augmentin, etc)
- Antiparasites (flagyl, mebendazole…)
- PinX (otc pinworm medicine)
- Antibiotic eye drops
- Inhalers (albuterol, atrovent, flovent, advair)
- Prednisone oral tablets and liquid
- Electrolyte replacement solution – powder pedialyte or generic
- Medical tape
- Blood pressure medicines
- Diabetes oral medication
- Regular Insulin
To donate any of the above medicines and/or supplies, please send them to:
Attn: Dr. Kansky DeLisma, MD, MPH
3550 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 600
Miami, FL, 33157
Share and Enjoy