DISH 4th MEDICAL MISSION TO HAITI
DISH is ready to go! 30 healthcare professionals have volunteered for our 4th Medical Mission in Haiti to be held in one week! With all the preparation and an exceptional effort from our volunteers, we are blessed to provide medical services to 1,000 men, women and children in Camp Perrin, a city in the South Department of Haiti.
When: Thursday, May 21, 2015 to Monday, May 25, 2015.
Any donation to support this mission and the population of Camp Perrin is welcome, you can use our DONATE button on the right side of the page.
Are you willing to join us ?
If you are a healthcare professional interested in joining the mission, it is not too late! You can send us an email to info[at]dishforhaiti.org notifying us of your interest.
We are requesting for more healthcare volunteers/participants including doctors, pharmacists, ARNP’s, PA’s, nurses…and other support team members. If you know people who might be interested, please spread the word!
Who can participate?
▪ Medical Doctors from all medical specialties including Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Pulmonary, Gynecology, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Dentists, Podiatrists, Emergency medicine, etc…
▪ Nurse Practitioners
▪ Nurses (RN, LPN, CNA)
▪ Physician Associates
▪ Other healthcare professionals
▪ Each volunteer traveler agrees to pay for his or her own travel tickets as well as room and board.
▪ We will organize everything for you and always try to find group discount rates with airlines and hotels.
▪ Supplies Needed. Each participant will make an effort to collect and bring supply from the following list:
List of needed supplies/equipment for the service
▪ Blood pressure cuffs
▪ Tongue depressors
▪ Glucometers & test strips
▪ Hand sanitizer
▪ Adhesive Tape
▪ Alcohol swabs
▪ Disposable gowns
Medicines Needed: (we can only accept unexpired medications in sealed containers)
▪ Antiacid medications
▪ Cough medicine
▪ Anti-fungal medicine (Lotrimin or other otc athletes foot meds)
▪ Permethrin 5%
▪ Antibiotic ointments
▪ Benadryl (tabs & children’s liquid)
▪ 1 % hydrocortisone cream or other prescription steroid cream
▪ Antibiotics (Amoxicillin, Keflex, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Augmentin, etc)
▪ Antiparasites (flagyl, mebendazole…)
▪ PinX (otc pinworm medicine)
▪ Antibiotic eye drops
▪ Inhalers (albuterol, atrovent, flovent, advair)
▪ Prednisone oral tablets and liquid
▪ Electrolyte replacement solution – powder pedialyte or generic
▪ Medical tape
▪ Blood pressure medicines
▪ Diabetes oral medication
▪ Regular Insulin
Thanks all for following us and helping us making a difference!!
Share and Enjoy